The Great Clipper Race, Matthew R. Putnam Concert Band Grade 3
“The Great Clipper Race” seeks to transport musicians and listeners to the mid-1800s, a time when clipper ships sailed the seas ferrying cargos from exotic locales to Europe and the Americas. Composer Matthew R. Putnam weaves a tale of intrigue and adventure on the high seas!
- Fully scored pieces for upper middle school and high school
- Range is expanded, but still carefully considered
- More advanced rhythms and part independence
- 3 Clarinet and Trumpet parts, 2 Horn and Trombone parts
- Generous cross-cueing of solos or exposed parts
- More advanced use of percussion