Young Voiceworks - 32 Songs for Young Singers
By Jo McNally.
A super collection of songs and vocal activities designed to help young singers (Age 5-7) and their leaders develop healthy voices for a lifetime of singing. Accessible and fun, the songs explore basic musical concepts and make up a 'working repertoire' that can be revisited throughout the Primary years. With practical teaching and rehearsal notes and an accompanying CD, Young Voiceworks is an essential resource for all those working with young voices.
- 32 exciting songs for 5-7s (Key Stage 1)
- Unison and simple 2-part songs and rounds, and fun vocal activities
- Limited vocal range and lots of repetition to develop young voices
- Practical ideas for adding percussion and actions
- A lesson or rehearsal plan for each song, plus extension activities
- Warm-ups and teachers' tips
- Photocopiable pages
- CD with performances of all the songs