Encore On Keys Kit Primary Level 1 - Book/Audio/Flash Cards
By Morna Robinson, Mark Gibson, Jane Stavrinoudis
Book/Audio Card/Flash Cards.
For 8 -12 year old beginners
This one year piano/keyboard course is comprehensive and lots of fun. It incorporates a broad range of styles such as rock, jazz, baroque, classical and many more. Unique elements featured in the Primary Series are Rhythm Taps to assist in the development of two-handed rhythm reading and playing, plus Finger Taps to establish finger numbers and patterning.
Each piece features a particular teaching point such as introducing a new note, a new skill or perhaps reinforcing previous elements within a new context. To assist both the teacher and the student, the main teaching point relevant to each piece appears underneath its title. Additional teaching points become self-evident as the pieces become more familiar. Included in each Level are:
- Finger Zips – small pieces that develop keyboard skills on a micro level
- Repertoire Pieces – solo performance pieces
- Ensembles – to develop part-playing skills, group interaction and team playing
- Finger Taps – these confirm finger numbers and develop finger sequencing concepts
- Rhythm Taps – two part rhythm reading and coordination
- Flash Cards – a proven way to reinforce concepts and develop reading skills and
- Audio Card– these provide an aural model and excite the student’s imagination.
The teaching approach includes:
- Solfege/Solfa Singing – to develop a strong awareness of pitch and
- By Ear Playing and Singing (BEPS) to link aural and instrumental skills.
These features are presented as an integrated teaching sequence and are designed to provide a thorough and balanced approach to music education. Students who successfully complete the Primary Series advance to the Achiever Series.