Tradition of Excellence: Concert Time - 12 Selections for Beginning & Young Band - Electric Bass
Concert Time, by Bruce Pearson and Ryan Nowlin, is a collection of twelve songs written for beginning or young band. An excellent compilation and variety of music styles, Concert Time includes festival pieces, concert marches, classical transcriptions, lively lighter songs, and originals. With accessible, grade-appropriate rhythms, highlights also include clarinets staying below the break in each song, melodies are written in every section, and the Drums, Mallets, Auxiliary Percussion, and Timpani are all in one book. With reinforced orchestration throughout the ensemble, each piece was composed or arranged with the young player in mind and will prove to be accessible and musically satisfying to the player and the audience. Each concert time part book includes a Fingering Chart and Preparatory Melodies. Concert Time is part of the Tradition of Excellence series and is an outstanding addition to any band curriculum.
- 12 engaging selections for concert band.
- Diverse repertoire including marches, overtures and lighter pieces appropriate for concerts and festivals.
- Reinforced orchestration throughout the ensemble.
- Accessible, grade-appropriate rhythms.
- Melodies for every section.
- Both clarinets 1 & 2 stay below the break in each selection.
- Preparatory unison exercises for all pieces.
- An outstanding addition to any band curriculum.
- Drums, Mallets, Auxiliary Percussion, and Timpani all in one book to develop the total percussionist.