By Charles Beale and Steve Milloy.
Following the outstanding success of book 1, Popular Voiceworks 2 is a second collection of jazzy and popular songs in the highly practical Voiceworks format.
Packed with songs in a huge range of styles, the collection provides exciting new material written by the authors as well as choral arrangements of favourites such as 'Ain't no stoppin' us now', 'Feelin' good', and 'Bang the drum all day'.
The accompanying CDs include stylish performances of all the songs, together with backings for most. This all adds up to a fabulous resource for all young and young-at-heart singing groups!
- 28 fabulous songs from unison to four-part harmony
- Ideal for youth choirs, school groups (11 yrs +), community choirs, and choral groups of all ages and experience
- Opportunities for improvisation throughout
- Vast range of repertoire including jazz, R&B, country, funk, spiritual, gospel, disco, rock, show, folk, motown, doo-wop, and more
- Brand-new songs and new arrangements of popular favourites
- A complete rehearsal plan for each song, including warm-ups and guidance on vocal techniques for singing popular styles and beatboxing
- Stylistic but accessible piano accompaniments
- Photocopiable pages for most pieces
- Two CDs with performances and stylish backings
- Extra resources available to download