On That Night All Was Silent, David Samuel Concert Band Grade 3.5
Jazz pianist David Samuel provides a completely new setting to the classic Silent Night carol. The theme opens with a Clarinet solo with counter melodies stated from other parts of the melody. With the use of creative twists in themes at every turn, audiences will be captivated by this familiar, yet original, musical journey.
- Fully scored pieces for upper middle school and high school
- Range is expanded, but still carefully considered
- More advanced rhythms and part independence
- 3 Clarinet and Trumpet parts, 2 Horn and Trombone parts
- Generous cross-cueing of solos or exposed parts
- More advanced use of percussion