Contemporary Aural Course Set Two
By Margaret Brandman.
In addition to the material covered in the previous set:
1) The Major 6th
2) the Major 7th
3) The Perfect Octave
4) Consonant, Dissonant and Perfect sounds
5) All Major and Perfect intervals up to the Perfect 8th.
1) Eighth Notes
2) Eighth-Note Rests
3) Ties across the bar-line and across the middle of the bar
4) 5/4 time
1) Two-bar melodies combining rhythm and pitch.
2) Note-sets containing four or six notes.
3) Three-bar melodies combining rhythm and pitch.
CADENCES AND CHORD PROGRESSIONS
1) Perfect and Plagal Cadences in Major keys.
2) Chord Progressions of up to five chords using the Primary Triads (I, IV and V) in Major Keys.
MOOD AND DYNAMICS
1) Forte, Piano, Crescendo and Diminuendo.
2) Mood (Bright and Lively, Slow and Sombre, etc)
Lessons One and Ten. Use for practice for examination conditions if required.