Terms & Conditions
- 1 entry per ensemble.
- Maximum 3 entries per school.
- Entries open Australia-wide.
- For the purpose of this competition, an ensemble is a group of student musicians playing musical instruments (band, orchestra, drum troupe, recorder group, etc), this does not include a choir.
- An entry can involve other students in addition to the ensemble of musicians - drama, choir, stage crew. In addition, entries can involve band assistants, eg. conductor, tutors, teachers who play an instrument.
- An entry may not include students from another school.
- All recordings must open with a formal introduction from a current ensemble member or ensemble leader stating “We are (ensemble name) from (school name) and we are competing in Engadine Music’s Virtual BandFest 2021”
- Entries can be recorded at the school or “on location” eg. at school, at a park, beach, anywhere!
- Entries must be recorded in 2022.
- Entry fee is $50 per ensemble and can be paid via PayPal (we will email an invoice following the completion of the registration form), School P-Card, or on Invoice to the school (official PO required).
- Each recording is to be no less than 1 minute and no more than 5 minutes long.
- Submissions will be judged based on overall performance and entertainment value, quality of the recording will not impact the results. However, recordings should be of reasonable quality suitable for uploading to YouTube.
- Entries must be submitted by the school and by entering, the school is confirming that they have permission for the recording of the students to be submitted and put up online for public viewing. This is confirmed when the google submission form is completed.
- Registrations are open immediately.
- Submissions are open between now and Saturday 23rd July (no further submission will be accepted following this date).
- All entries will be uploaded to Engadine Music’s YouTube channel and may be shared to various social media platforms (signed permission for this within entry form) as they are approved.
- Following the close of submissions, the chosen top recordings will then be posted on our website for the public to cast their popular.
- Recordings must be deemed by Engadine Music as suitable for viewing by audiences of all ages - no swearing, nudity or violence.
- Engadine Music will select the top entries to be posted on our website and voted on, the number of top entries will depend on the number of entries received.
- The public will get to choose their favourite recording to vote for which is the popular vote.
- Limit of 1 vote per email address.
- Voting via google form embedded on our website.
- Online voting for the popular vote winner will open 5pm Friday 29th July and close Sunday 12th August 7pm.
- Judging will be based on a number of factors, including but not limited to creativity, fun factor, over all performance taking into consideration the level of experience of the players and difficulty of the piece being played.
- The winning schools will be announced on Wednesday 17th August between midday and 3pm.
- Winning schools will be contacted directly, and announced on our website, facebook and instagram accounts.
- There will be 3 school winners.
- Each school can only win one prize.
- First prize will be chosen by Yamaha Music Australia
- The first prize is from Yamaha Music Australia - $10,000 RRP of musical instruments of the winning school's choice.
- Second prize will be chosen by Hal Leonard and Engadine Music
- Second prize is from Manhasset and Hal Leonard Australia - a Music Stand and Cart pack as well as a full set of Essential Elements books valued at $2,500.
- Third prize will be chosen by popular public vote.
- The third prize is $1,500 on the school account at Engadine Music to spend however the school wants or needs.
If you have any other questions we haven't covered here, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.